Like many people, the new year has me doubling down on my health goals. Those who know me know that I’m a snack fanatic. I’m not about to give up snacks, but I’m also not going to let snacking derail my health. When your hunger takes over, enjoy any of these snacks for 100 calories or less.
1. Carrot Bites pack a punch. At only 20 calories per bite, I can enjoy several. Fat free, low in sodium, and full of vitamin A, these are one of my go-to snacks. Pair them with applesauce and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
2. At just 30 calories each, Sweet Potato Bites make a great afternoon snack. Try pairing with plain Greek yogurt or sour cream for an added bit of tang.
3. Yuca, a root similar to potato, adds vitamins to these baked Yuca Bites. Fat free, 30 calories each, low in sodium, and full of flavor!
4. Never fried, these Vegetable Latkes crisp up in the oven in a few short minutes. At 25 calories each and with 2 grams of protein, these keep me satisfied for hours.
5. Variety is the spice of life. Take the extra few minutes to make yourself an appetizer plate. Any combination of numbers 1-5 will create a flavorful and nutritious snack.
When I want to feel pampered, I turn to puff pastry. No, you didn’t misread that—I said pastry!
6. Low-calorie snacks disguised as indulgent pastry, Potato Puffs are flakey pastry stuffed with potato and fragrant spices. Think mini knishes. At only 50 calories each, I can enjoy TWO!
7. Spinach Puffs offer everything that Potato Puffs bring to the table plus spinach and at 45 calories each, a small calories savings.
When my sweet-tooth is making my decisions, I turn to these no-guilt treats.
9. Perhaps my favorite (don’t tell the rest) snack is Biscotti. With 12 flavors to choose from, these 20-calories cookies are endlessly delicious.
Gotta go, a snack is calling my name! Visit my website for more lower calorie, low-sodium snack options!